Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10 on Tuesday

The A Pile of Scrap prompt this week was to blog 10 random facts that you know (no googling allowed!). I wasn't sure I could do this one, these things were hard to come up with! But, after racking my brain for a while, here's my list:

1. Your hair and nails keep growing after you die.
This one doesn't really need much explanation, it's obvious why this one stuck in my head, ew.

2. On average people eat 8 spiders in their lifetime.
This one stuck out in my head because I have a ridiculous fear of spiders. I'm the jump up on the chair, scream like a maniac, and refuse to come down until someone kills it for me, kind of person.

3. Washing your hair with beer will make it healthier.
I remember this one because I always wondered why my mother kept one can of beer in the bathroom closet LOL. When I asked, she told me, so a while ago I decided to give it a try. It works! If you can get past the smell for a couple of hours..

4. Golf was originally "Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden".
The boys I grew up with were relentless with their sexist jokes. Come to find out, there was truth to it.

5. The most common dream is being naked in public.
Honestly, I can't say I've ever had this dream! And I'm A-Okay with that!

6. Willis Haviland Carrier was the inventor of the air conditioner.
I actually saw this as someone's facebook status this summer. Would I ever like to thank that man!

7. It is possible for children to grow significantly over night.
As a kid I always heard people say, "you look like you've grown since the last time I saw you!" And I've now noticed it with my own kids. I thought I was going bonkers until I read that it's true!

8. The average housewife/mother walks 10 miles everyday.
I can't say this one surprised me at all! No wonder I'm always so tired!

9. Super Mario Brothers is the top selling video game of all time.
This one however did surprise me. I expected Halo or something like that, but good ol' Mario Brothers! I myself always preferred Duck Hunt.

10. Walt Disney, the creator of Mickey Mouse, was afraid of mice.
Why would a man who is afraid of mice create a giant, walking, talking mouse?! I guess we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment