Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fond Memories.

I was thinking today about Puppy (my grandfather). He passed away when I was 13. He was known for his funny, and usually senseless, rhymes, poems, and stories. One in particular that I remember more than the others is this one that he taught me as a kid..

One bright day in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
Two deaf policemen, hearing the noise,
got up and shot the two dead boys.
If you don't believe this story is true,
go ask the blind man.
He saw it too.

This was one of many and to this day the family laughs and jokes as we recite the poems he passed down to us. Everyone in the community remembers him fondly, I'm sure he didn't have an enemy in the world. RIP Puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment