Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I did it.

I called this afternoon and made the appointment to write my test for my driver's license. About time, huh? I'm nervous to drive, I'm scared I'll hurt myself or someone else I guess. Which is ridiculous considering I've been driving all sorts of other vehicles since I was a kid. Fourwheelers, snowmobiles, dirtbikes, even a motorcycle or two. It's just cars that scare me. But I finally broke down and did it. Now that it's just me here I need my license bad. The freedom that comes with it will be great. I can go whenever I need to. It wouldn't be such an ordeal to run to the post office, or the bank, or anywhere else I need to go. I've been independent in every other way since I became a single Mom, this is the last thread that makes me dependent on anyone but myself. Once I have this, I'll truly feel like I have everything we need to make it on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment