Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring!!

We're loving the amazing weather we've had the past few days! It was up to 25 degrees Celsius yesterday, record breaking! I read in the paper this morning that the previous record was 15 degrees Celsius, in 1952! We've been outside lots and I'm really hoping the weather stays like this from here on out!

Scary part about the weather being so nice though is that fire season's starting early. Today my neighbors were burning cardboard outside and the wind picked up and carried the fire away. I didn't even notice until I looked out my window and there were firetrucks pulling up my driveway! The fire had caught onto the trees just on the other side of my driveway, not far enough from my house for my comfort! We had a house fire about 3 years ago that burned it to the ground, so I'm VERY nervous about fires. Thankfully, the fireman got it out pretty fast and all is fine now!

No comments:

Post a Comment